Football 5 players
In the first round, the 27 teams will battle for a place at the top 16. They will compete in three groups of 5 and three groups of 4.
The winners, the runners-ups en the 4 best placed third will compete in another round of four groups of 4.
After that, the knock fase begins. In the knock fase there will be cross finals onwards. They will start the round with 16 teams, then 8 teams in the quarterfinals, the remaining 4 teams in the semifinals, followed by the final and the third-place play-off.
Please note: Because the football matches may take place on natural or artificial grass, all football players must ensure that they have the appropriate footwear.
- In principle, the five-a-side competition follows the rules of the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA).
- Each match lasts 30 minutes, split into two halves of 15 minutes each, with a five-minute half-time interval.
- The team captains are requested to submit the list with their players’ names and corresponding squad numbers to the tournament director 30 minutes before their first match is to begin. The players’ squad numbers must remain the same for all matches. The teams must be ready 30 minutes before each match.
- A team consists of one goalkeeper and 4 outfield players. In the event the number of players in a team drops to less than three (including the goalkeeper), the match must be discontinued.
- There is no limit to the number of subsitutions that can be made. However, players can only be substituted during breaks in play.
- Instead of a yellow card, the referee cautions a player by sending him/her off for 5 minutes; in the event of a repeat offence during the same match, the player must leave the pitch for the remainder of the match.
- In the event of a serious offence, the player is excluded for the entire remaining duration of the match (= red card) and is banned from participating in the team’s next match. Depending on the severity of the offence, the tournament director may also ban the player for the entire duration of the tournament.
- A player who has been issued a red card is banned from participating in the team’s next match.
- In the event that two teams are wearing the same colour, the team listed first on the schedule must change their jerseys. All players must wear shin pads.
- There are no offside rules.
- The matches are played on a quarter pitch (42,5 x 30m); the goal is 5m x 2m.
- The penalty mark is 7m away from the goal.
- When a team has a corner or free kick, the players of the opposing team must be at least 6.5m away from the ball.
The scoring in the groups follows the international scoring system (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, and 0 points for a loss). If two or more teams have the same number of points, the deciding factors are first the match, then the goal difference and lastly the number of goals scored. In the event of a draw in the knockout stage, there will be no extra time but rather an immediate shootout (with 3 players for each side) from the 7m mark.
Sports park Orderbos
Sportpark Orderbos 1
7313 HN Apeldoorn
Please ensure that you have enough time to reach your sports venue. See this page for more information about transport during the ECSG Arnhem 2022.
Team leaders/players must report to the tournament management in order to be registered and to receive the required instructions/information min. 30 minutes before the first game. Players must be ready for the game at least 15 minutes before start. Games will be started at the planned time if the minimum number of players is present under the rule of the game. If the required number of players is not ready to play at least 15 minutes after the scheduled time, the team/players loose(s) the match.
The above information was updated on 24/5/2022. Adjustments in the run-up to the event are possible. Keep an eye on this page for the latest version.